Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day 2009


Happy mothers day to all the moms!!!
This year mothers day was pretty relaxing, which is exactly what I needed after the week we had.... My grandpa passed away on 05/05/09 at the age of 90 years old! Even thought I know he had a long and wonderful life, it still stings that he couldn't get to know the kids better and really see what wonderful treasures they are. My dad. his dad, and my son are all spitting images of him...We will miss him terriably but know that he is in a better place with our wonderful creator waiting until we can all join him again!


The kids made me beautiful cards at school, with little bags they glued paper flowers to and put "mommy flower pots" inside...they were so excited for me to open them up and help me to plant the seed and continue to wather them with me daily hoping for something to grow! They also made a really sweet hand print cut out card with the "10 things they wanted to tell mommy on mothers day" written inside, incredibly sweet and I couldn't thank my mother in law enough for helping them out with that project!!! It is something I will always treasure!



Along with everything else, John-Mark turned 4 this past Sunday, YES mothers day!! I still can't believe he is 4 years old now...its crazy how fast he has grown up and how funny and smart he is... Mr.man is defiantly know as the family "haggler" he is constantly trying to bargain his way into getting extra run time, building blocks, or to get out of doing a chore!! Some of the things he says on a daily basis make me smile for days when thinking back on them.


We're going to be having his birthday party this coming sunday at the house- I've ordered a moon walk water slide, small splash pools, setup the air hockey and dome climber and are going to let the kids run wild for a few hours! Im going to take lots of pictures and try and get them up here as soon as I can! This weekend is jam packed with tons of activites, dinners, party planning and moving but Im looking forward to it all!



No comments:

Post a Comment