Thursday, July 22, 2010

End of an Era




So this has been me latley at work- with all this new conversion stuff going on it's been leaving my desk full and my brain stretched to it's means! But, there is an end in sight! I can now see the corners of my desk, take a minute of my time to walk the plant for a diet coke and start to breath a little easier! I never thought I'de say having my job outsourced would be a good thing, but new opportunities are sure to present them selves even in the most bizarre situations! PATIENCE it what I have to practice, which for anyone that knows me is pretty near impossible!

For now I'm taking the Mary-poppins-ish route, and delighting in knowing that in just a few short weeks there will be no more vendor calls for payment, no more researching long lost checks or filing copious amounts of unnecessary paperwork! Ahhh just to type that out makes my shoulders feel lighter- I know Bob (boss man) will take care of me, he always does- and somehow someway will create an amazing job from scratch for me that i will love...er- learn to love! ;)

This weekend I plan on "escaping" with the kids for splashing around in the pool, visiting with friends and family and maybe even venturing out to Chuck-E-Cheese (since we do have about 100 tokens left over from out last 4hr visit!!!!) Something small, yet still very appreciated by them right now! I love that about the age their still at- amazed and pleased with the small things. I don't remember if I've written about our new complex yet, but they have a fabulous resort style pool with a splash pad, putt putt golf, sand volleyball AND an amazing park- did I mention I love it here? We'll on any day it's not raining or still muddy from the rain, I take the kids out to run around and get their sillies out before dinner and bed! They love it, and I love that it's right there at our finger tips! No trip- no fees- just F-U-N fun!
What fun places around Houston do you go to, that are family friendly, and don't cost an arm and a leg?

No comments:

Post a Comment